Dr. Khan has had the privilege of performing many such cases and specializes in this form of dental implant treatment.
This is a life-changing same-day procedure for patients missing all or most of their teeth. This innovative treatment involves attaching a full arch prosthesis/denture to the jaw with four or more dental implants in one surgery. A trusted, efficient, and economical alternative to traditional dentures, this treatment concept has been successfully performed on thousands of patients for over 20 years.
- Convenience: no dietary restrictions
- Comfort: customized fit
- Shorter treatment time: only one day
- Complete arch restoration
- Fixed provisional bridge for immediate function
Is it a good option for me?
You may be wondering if you are a good candidate. There are several factors to keep in mind as you’re considering restoring your smile with this treatment.
It involves a full-arch prosthesis which means any remaining teeth must be removed. Ideal candidates have already lost most of their teeth, but if you do have teeth that are still intact, they can be easily removed during the implant surgery. Dr. Khan would be happy to explain the process during your visit.
As always, the better your overall health, the faster the recovery and the lower the chances of infection. When it comes to your oral health, it is important that your jaw has sufficient bone density and volume because the titanium implants/posts act as roots for your new teeth and require an adequate amount of support.
Even if you have experienced bone loss, implants can often be placed in a part of your jaw that still has enough bone structure. Dr. Khan can easily evaluate your mouth and determine the health of your jaw and let you know how many implants will be needed.
This procedure is the most cost-effective way to replace an entire upper or lower set of teeth which makes them an excellent choice for those patients on a budget.
This treatment concept is a minimally invasive one-day procedure that requires less surgery than replacing many individual teeth, so for patients who are anxious about dental procedures, this is often an excellent option.
What is involved in the process?
Thanks to decades of research and advancement in the latest technology, teeth replacement is a one-day procedure, so the process is quite quick. We understand that getting implants for the first time may sound like a scary ordeal, and much of the fear may be due to uncertainty. So, we are happy to provide the following steps that clearly outline the process.
- Your comfort is our top priority, so Dr. Khan will perform the procedure under general anesthesia (deep sedation) in the office.
- Once you’re adequately sedated, Dr. Khan will prepare your mouth for the implants by removing any remaining teeth as well as any diseased or infected bone or soft tissue.
- The implantation process involves inserting titanium screws into your jawbone, usually two toward the front of your mouth and two toward the back, aligned so that each evenly anchors the prosthetic denture.
- After implant placement, Dr. Khan will thoroughly clean and suture the site.
- Finally, you’ll be taken to a recovery room where you can relax as the anesthesia wears off.
We will meet with you periodically over the following six months to ensure your implant retained prosthetic fits perfectly and comfortably.
How is this fixed implant prosthesis different from dentures?
The biggest difference is, it is more durable, and a permanent solution that ensures patients can eat, smile and laugh naturally and without constraint or fear of slippage. Another advantage, the prosthetic does not need to be removed daily for cleaning, replaced, or regularly shaped.
For more information call us today to make an appointment with Dr. Khan